HoldMaster versus SCATT
There are number of training devices available to competitive target shooters.
The HoldMaster is a multi-axis accelerometer that tracks the movement of the firearm.
The HoldMaster does not 'view' a target through any optical sensors, so it can only be used to analyse the quality of your hold, timing and rhythm.
As such the HoldMaster Analysis does not give feedback on aiming or approach to the target and is not designed to replace SCATT, Noptel or Rika Shooter Training Systems. They provide a greater level of analysis of shooter performance.
The HoldMaster does give everyone an easy, low cost method to track your shooting performance all the time, that will complement the optical training systems.
The HoldMaster can be used with any fixed target, including multiple bulls or shapes.
Of these training devices, the SCATT is the best known and most widely used, hence our comparison.
|Feature||HoldMaster||SCATT Basic||SCATT MX-02S||SCATT MX-W2|
|Connection||Bluetooth to Smartphone, tablet or computer||USB cable to computer||USB cable to computer||WiFi to computer|
|Battery||5hrs, replaceable coin cell||N/A||N/A||3hrs, USB rechargeable|
|Setup Time||30 sec||3 min||3 min||3 min|
|Analysis Software||Web, Computer, tablet, Smartphone||Computer only||Computer only||Computer, tablet, Smartphone|
|Shot Value||No (Shot rating only)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cant and Tilt Analysis||Yes||No||No||No|
|Cloud Storage of Sessions||Yes||No||No||No|
The real benefits of the HoldMaster include:
- It is significantly cheaper than any SCATT model
- It is completely wireless and only needs a smartphone to collect and analyse the data
- It can be used easily and quickly in virtually any shooting or training situation
- It provides quick feedback on hold quality, shot timing and rhythm, breathing, cant and tilt and acceleration data trends
- HoldMaster data can be saved in the cloud and shared with local or remote coaches.